Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Schmidt's Sausage Haus and Restaurant

me and hubby goofing around
hubby with the biggest, heaviest and yummiest cream puff ever
Schmidt's is a Columbus, Ohio landmark that we could just not pass up. It is located in one of the german towns in that area, a family-owned restaurant known for their yummy sausages like the bahama mamas and the oh so sinful and massive cream puffs. I love the quaint little town feel of this area and I have to say that the cream puff alone is enough reason to move there in the near future. We were famished from the long drive and so decided that we would do the "auto bahn" which was their version of an all-you-can-eat buffet. I loved everything especially the spicy bahama mamas and up till now I still feel like kicking myself for not bringing at least a dozen of these wonderful mamas home.
spicy bahama mamas and garlic sausages
Aside from the restaurant, Schmidt's also has a cute fudge store and I think if we were there at a much earlier time - we could have witnessed the makings of a delicious fudge. But for the meantime, we just have to let the copper bowl rest. Nevertheless, there were a variety of confections there that make such interesting conversation starters like the scorpion lollipops. Note that the scorpions here may be tiny but they are real! Cooked and capsulated inside the flavored candies, they are quite tempting. But next to them are boxes of cheese flavored mealworms and sour cream and onion flavored crickets which made me get a little goosies (goosebumps). 

my auto bahn








me and ayen in front of the fudge haus

scorpion lollipops,anyone?

cheddar worms

sour cream and onion flavored crickets,perhaps?

fudge galore!!!! yum!


I wish we could stay some more and visit some of the old landmarks of this peaceful town but we need to be home before it gets dark so, goodbye Columbus...we'll be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment