Wednesday, October 14, 2015

My first Ramen experience at Ren's Ramen

notaplainhousewife
Hubby's miso ramen
I love noodles. I love how they are so versatile and how you can make it any way you can. You can have it with soup or without soup. It takes the taste of its base and pretty much anything you put on it. I am familiar with ramen but only with the instant kind. So, to eat at Ren's Ramen and have my first ramen experience was exciting!


 
notaplainhousewife
my shoyu ramen
I decided to order "The Sapporo" style Shoyu Ramen which is soy sauce flavored with Tonkotsu (pork based) broth, 1pc roast pork, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, scallions, inion and ground pork. I also asked them to add an additional toppings of seasoned boiled egg and corn. The hubby ordered "The Sapporo" style Miso Ramen which is miso flavored and pretty much the same ingredients as mine but he asked for stewed spareribs to be added as toppings.
 
notaplainhousewife
just putting some spices on my yummy ramen
I love both of our orders but I admit that I like the hubby's miso based soup as opposed to mine. We also added a plateful of gyoza and they were okay. The star really of the meal were the ramen. They came in piping hot and the aroma was wonderful. I love that the noodles have a wonderful chewy texture, almost al dente. Truly, this is an experience that needs to be repeated.
 
Ren's Ramen Sapporo Style Japanese Ramen house is located at 11403 Amherst Ave., Silver Spring,MD 20902. 

No comments:

Post a Comment